KOREA ANALYSIS FELLOWSHIP (KRF) FOR FOREIGNER POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTISTS
This money has closed
Save to favorites
Please login to utilize this functionality.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS OF KOREA ANALYSIS FELLOWSHIP (KRF) 2019 FOR FOREIGNER POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTISTS.
We. Presenting KRF System
1. Program Objective
Korea Research Fellowship (KRF) invites outstanding postdoctoral scientists to experience a exemplary performance in their first stages of the expert professions. This program provides high-potential young researchers that are&overseas an opportunity to handle imaginative and rising industries of tasks, and supports them to cultivate as research leaders of the next day
2. System Details
2-1. Eligibility of KRF applicants:
International post-doc researchers from all countries having diplomatic relations with Korea who possess obtained their degree that is doctoral within previous 5 years beginning the date of formal announcement.
There are two main forms of KRF supports, based on where in fact the foreigner national postdoc scientists are living as follow:
(Type 1) international national or *Korean nationwide postdoc scientists currently residing offshore that have actually received their doctoral degree inside the previous 5 years ( as of the date of formal statement)
*Korean nationals – limited by those that are part of foreign affiliates
(Type 2) Foreign national postdoc scientists presently surviving in Korea which have received their doctoral level in the previous 5 years ( as of the date of official announcement
2-2. Skills of Host organizations and Host scientists:
Host organizations: Government-supported research institutes, nationwide and general general public research institutes, universities and university-affiliated research institutes, business research institutes* (affiliated research institutes registered with the Korea Industrial Technology Association)
* Corporate research institutes are the ones founded as SMEs and endeavor companies under Article 14 (1) associated with the preliminary research marketing and tech Development help Act and Article 16 (1) associated with Enforcement Decree of the identical Act
Host researchers: Full-time workers for the host that is respective who possess the ranking of at the very least assistant teacher, senior researcher, or seat of an investigation institute (corporate research institute) and match the following needs:
people who have actually guaranteed in full work for the programвЂ™s length (5 years) and tend to be in a position to focus on doing the project that is relevant.
вЂ» This KRF program will undoubtedly be excluded through the jobs at the mercy of the limitations (how many R&D projects that may be simultaneously carried out by a researcher shall perhaps not exceed five, among that your number of R&D projects that may be simultaneously carried out as being a principal investigator shall not surpass three) known in Article 32 of this Regulations on Management, etc. of nationwide analysis and Development Projects.
2-3. Areas of Research: All industries in science and technology
2-4. Duration of Fellowship: 3
five years with yearly assessment.
2-5. Anticipating announcement that is official of KRF 2019:
*First Batch: February 2019 batch that is*Second Might 2019
(susceptible to alter)
2-6. Standard of Funding:
– (Type 1) Up to KRW 70 million (
US$ 62,000) per year (workers expenses, cost of living, etc. for KRF other).
– (Type 2) Around KRW 40 million (
US$ 35,000) per year (workers charges for KRF other)
вЂ» Note: for Type 2, matching funds for workers expenses by host (including PIвЂ™s jobs) are mandatory. KRW 40 million counts for 80per cent regarding the postdoc scientistsвЂ™ individual expenses, and PI will cover the remainder of 20%.
* please be aware that KRF applicants must have obtained their real degree that is doctoral or diploma prior to the date of formal statement of KRF 2019. As being a guideline, provisional certificates aren’t accepted. Evidence of act as a postdoctoral other without publishing the content of actual level certification isn’t accepted.
* just formal certifications saying their education date that is conferral by the degree awarded college could be awarded. Certificates maybe perhaps not showing a degree conferral date or provisional certificates aren’t appropriate.
2-8. How exactly to apply
KRF applications are submitted because of the inviting researchers (Host scientists) by uploading necessary documentations through the NRF website (ernd.nrf.re.kr) by the due date of every batch.
KRF candidates desperate to be involved in this system are encouraged to establish experience of a Korean or host that is foreign within their industry in Korea and to request him/her to sign up.
KRF candidates are immensely important to help make this contact well prior to the host institutionвЂ™s application deadline.
II. Analysis Host Matching Provider for KRF Candidates
A startup aimed at linking KRF prospects and hosts
1. What’s the extensive research Host Matching Provider?
This solution happens to be initiated by KRF help group of NRF so that you can help interested outstanding post-doc international researchers that are entitled to Type 1 conditions rather than secured hosts in Korea to use for the KRF system. (This solution aren’t readily available for Type 2 applicants.)
1. Trying to get вЂњResearch Host come messaggiare su senior friend finder Matching serviceвЂќ
2. Screening and Launching to Korean hosts
(Nationwide Foundation Analysis of Korea(NRF))
3. Apply for KRF program (Principal Investigator/KRF prospects)
– evidence of level with
form1- introduction of KRF candidate
– Screening the eligibility of KRF prospects (need if required)
– Introducing applications into the anticipate hosts in Korea
– Further conversation regarding research plan between host the KRF prospect
– submit an application for KRF system
3. How exactly to use
3-1. What things to submit
Form 1 Introduction of KRF candidate with an evidence of Ph. D. level.
3-2. Deadline of introduction applications:
9 have always been Dec. 3rd (Mon.) 2018, Korea Time (GMT+9)
3-3. Locations to submit
вЂ» Introduction Applications must certanly be submitted to KRF help group via e-mail.
3-4. Other information
Extra papers and information might have to offer the application if required
3-5. Procedures in details
1) assessment eligibility on the basis of the applications
2) Submitted introduction applications will likely be introduced into the potential host organizations in Korea
3) Host will contact their candidates that are interested.
4) an decision that is official meant to host the prospect so that you can make an application for KRF system after verification along with their particular host organization together with KRF prospect.
*Please keep in mind NRF only presents applications that are individual the organizations and it is by no means an assurance to secure your host in addition to being selected being a KRF other.
If you haven’t been contacted by any host organizations after publishing the application form, please keep investigating all on your own to get host organizations in Korea and submit the KRF application during your host to be able to meet with the circular deadline.
4. Email Address
Nationwide Research First Step Toward Korea (NRF)